About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

La Vuelta

Today was the first of three really tough days in la Vuelta and while it looked like Contador had things under control with about 2 k to go, Joaquim or Joaquin Rodriquez (they spell his name both ways, I don't know which one is right) pulled himself back up to Alberto in the closing meters and easily outsprinted him gaining a few more seconds.  Contador is not use to this and is clearly getting a bit frustrated.  I don't think anyone really expected this but if Rodriquez gets through these next couple of days he may have el Pistolero's number.  Valverde came through 3rd a few seconds behind Contador and Chris Froome lost roughly a half minute as I'm sure he is feeling all the racing from the Tour in his legs.  There were only three weeks between the end of the Tour de France and the start of La Vuelta not to mention Froome also did the Olympics.  He's got to be fried.  Tomorrow is a new day.  Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment