About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Finish Work

Couple of pics of Andy D's cross frame after the finish work was completed yesterday.  The frame turned out nicely and I can't wait to slap some color on it.  As is it weighs a scant 3.8 lbs. but when I took it out of the stand it felt really light so I had to throw it on the scale to see where I was.  With all the braze-ons on a cross frame they can be hard to get down below 4 lbs.  Even if you use True Temper S3 tubing you probably won't get it down below 3.5 lbs. and thats in about a 52cm frame.  Tenths of a pound aren't as big of a concern as the ride quality.  Its all about the ride.  Bolt some lightweight components on this thing and it'll easily be in the sub-18 lb. range.

I spend a little time on my fillet work.





Chainring cutout turned out nice and clean.

Whats shakin Beau?




Little custom work on the rear cable hanger.  I can't bring myself to use the store bought ones anymore, there as good as any but its supposed to be custom right?  I've seen some really intricate ones out there that are actually works of art but I like to keep my frames as tight and streamlined as possible.  

I'm gonna try and get the primer on it this weekend and then hopefully you'll get to see the finished product here pretty soon.  Thanks for checking things out.  Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment