About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Pain Party

Been outta town a couple of days.  Had to head to my hometown of Jonesboro and do a little mowing and cleanup on my old house.  Things tend to fall apart quickly when you're not around.  Anyway I got to get in a couple of rides with two of my of riding buddies there,  Larry Yancey and Mike Suminski are a couple of the J-boro local racers who ride for the BMC Wal-Mart team out of Arkansas.  They sent me home pretty tired but I'm ready to go back and give it another dig.  I picked up Yancey's backup cross frame in order to bring it home and put a real paint scheme on it.  I've tried a couple of times to do the clearcoat over raw steel, and while it looks cool for a while its only a matter of time before a scratch happens to the clear and then rust will start to set in.  So anyway I've got it just about stripped and we'll put some paint on it here in the coming days.  Cross season is right here man.  Don't know where you are from but there are some cross racing series fixing to kick off this month around the Arkansas and Missouri areas.  

Yancey is headed back to the World Championships this year so I'm posting this photo from last year to get him stoked.  Need to be slapping some tigers and putting in some hard cross miles.  It's only a handful of months away.  We don't want any mud this year, or I don't.  I hate the stuff.  I'm into dry hardpack.

Oooh la la, the Vuelta is getting good.  Contador and Rodriguez are only like 6 seconds apart while Chris Froome and Alejandro Valverde are around the minute mark with the mountaintop stages starting tomorrow.  Can't wait.  Have a good and safe Labor Day weekend.  Enjoy. Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment