About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Friday, August 17, 2012

La Vuelta

The Tour of Spain starts this weekend and while not too many people get excited about it its my favorite tour, I'm probably a bit biased though.  The stages aren't quite as long. I've seen a handful that were only about 3 1/2 hours long, but everything is quick and punchy and you have to pay attention and thats the way this year's race is.  It has like 10 summit finishes, which I think is a record, and I think they said like 4 are in the first week.  I also like La Vuelta because while most of the big teams are there, they also include a lot of the smaller division teams from around Spain and that gives opportunity for a lot of unknown riders to shine for a day, or perhaps longer.  And the last reason I like La Vuelta so much more than the others is because the trophy girls are so much more fun.  ;)
Viva Espana!







2 comments:

  1. I would have to disagree with you on this one, i must say the Giro is my favorite of the Big Tours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can live with that. The Giro is as good as grand tours get but I'm a little biased toward la Vuelta because I just love the country of Spain, but then I've never been to Italy either. I think I could get along just fine anywhere within the Mediterranean region, and a bike makes it all just that much better.

    ReplyDelete