About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

La Vuelta esta muy bien.

www.steephill.tv/vuelta-a-espana/

Man, the Vuelta is heating up nicely.  Joaquim Rodriguez, Chris Froome, Alberto Contador, and Alejandro Valverde are duking it out in a Tour of Spain that is cluttered with climbs.  They broke the mold of grand tours when they designed this year's Vuelta in order to try and make it more exciting and fan friendly and so far 
everything is going to plan.  I've been watching the end of the climbing stages here on Steephill.  The Spanish versions won't play here in the states but the English programming through Eurosport works really well.  Today Contador attacked with 1 K to go and looked to be gaining a few seconds back on Rodriquez and Froome when Valverde put in a last ditch sprint to overtake Alberto on the line.  Froome finally popped and lost about 14 seconds on this stage, but he still has a few in hand over Contador.  Rodriquez from Katusha still has the lead.  Today was stage 8 but I think stages 14,15,and 16 are gonna make for some serious racing between Rodriquez and Contador and we'll see if Froome can hold their wheel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment