About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ready for Worlds

Here is a quick shot of Yancey with both of his bikes prepped and ready for the 2013 Master's World Cyclocross Championships.  This will be the second year in a row for him to be hanging it out in Louisville mud.  If the weather forecast goes as planned its gonna be a cold, muddy race but he's gonna be going too fast to see or feel any of it.  This year he has two bikes to attack with along with a new MEECH team kit.  The boys in the factory are pretty stoked about this gig.  We're well represented again, even moreso than last year.  I hate it that I can't be there because this is a once in a lifetime thing but I'm wishing him all the best in this race.  I know for a fact that he's been training for this race every since last year's race ended and I can assure you that Larry doesn't take his training lightly.  It hurts me just thinking about trying to keep up with him.   I've had alot of good moments in my life and to see this photo with Larry on two bikes that I built going to a race as big as the World Cross Championships ranks right up there with the best of them. Yellow and black never looked so good.  Go get 'em Yancey and have fun doing it.  Thanks partner.


I decided to include a couple of pictures from last year's World Championship to get him all fired up.

He has trained a lot harder this year so when you running this year he'll probably be smiling and laughing during sections like this.  Out of all the racers that I've met, Larry is the racing'est hombre I've ever known.  He truly loves it.  Rock 'n' Ride!

Be cool,
Be fast,
and
Stand on the gas!

Famous words written and lived by none other than Larry Yancey.


No comments:

Post a Comment