About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tour Update-Its over now, right?

Today Chris Froome won the stage 17 time trial by 8 or 9 seconds over Alberto Contador.  Even though everything makes this tour appear to be over, and I thought it was probably over quite a while back, I'm not so sure it is.  I do believe that Froome is without a doubt the strongest rider in this tour but if fatigue happens to set in on one of these mountain stages coming up he could be in trouble.  Contador is obviously getting stronger and even though he himself has admitted that Froome is the strongest he won't quit trying to win. He cracked Joaquim Rodriguez on the second to last day in la Vuelta.  All I'm saying is that with the Alp d'Huez double-climb coming up it could be a really bad day for Chris Froome should he have one of those moments.  Meanwhile, one of my favorite riders, Roman Kreuziger, has ridden himself up into third place by just working for Contador.  Not a bad place to be for someone hired to work for the man.  I hope he can hold his place all the way to Paris.

In regards to Alberto Contador, whether you love him or hate him he makes the grand tours much more exciting.  He goes for it all the way to the end and Froome has got to be begging for this tour to end.  Its just now getting good.  Just for the record I think Froome is riding clean even though he does make it look like he's not.  Win or lose I wish him well.

Here is a little quote by Bjarne Riss about the dangerous descent coming up.  I admit I hate wet descents but I love this comment.  


“Listen, riders have been going down dangerous descents one thousand times before. They must hit the brakes and be careful,” Saxo boss Bjarne Riis told reporters. “This is a bike race; it’s not some Sunday morning grandma trip. They have to learn how to race their bikes and stop complaining.”




No comments:

Post a Comment