About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Monster Energy Cup

Ok, I know this isn't cycling related stuff but anyone that knows me knows I'm a sucker for motocross.  Last night in Vegas was the Monster Energy Cup race which is just a big, end of the season race for big money and bragging rights.  Its a 3-moto race and if one rider wins all three motos they take home a kewl $MILLION.  Last year Ryan Villopoto actually did it.  He should change his name to Moto, Moto Villopoto.  Anyway, check out this photo above.  Ryan Dungey destroyed his shift lever early in the first moto and rode the whole race shifting gears with his hand.  What?  He finished in 3rd.  This photo is extremely cool and is basically why I'm putting this on the blog, I've never seen anything like it.  Whats even cooler is that he is actually dicing for the lead right here. Forget destroying your shift lever and saying, "I'll have better luck next time."  Forget saying, "Oh well, I'll just ride around and finish the race."  Forget pulling into the pits and having a new shift lever put on the bike and reentering the track 2 laps down.  Screw all that and say, "I'm gonna ride with one hand on the gas and one on the shift lever and I'm gonna win."   'Increible'  Thats spanish for incredible.

Justin Barcia won the overall and took home $100,000.  Not a bad nights pay.
Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment