About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Friday, October 3, 2014

Danny Macaskill: The Ridge

Here is one of the latest videos from Danny Macaskill.  Its a mountain bike video that during the first watch seems pretty boring.  There are hundreds of videos of people doing some insane stuff on bikes these days and this one doesn't look any different, however after watching it the second time I found a little more upon a closer look.  One of my problems is the boring, meditational music that puts you to sleep, but then I'm not a videographer am I?  Couple of things to watch for...., ahh, who am I kidding, there isn't much to get excited about here.  There is an extremely cool front flip over a wire fence.  I've actually done that trick before, however I didn't stick the landing quite like he did.  There is some pretty difficult riding here and I realize that i couldn't walk (or ride I should say) 10 feet in this guys shoes.  I couldn't even do the bike hike he does in this video.  Nice scenery though and I dig the Santa Cruz bike with the pink rims.  Is that Bakers Pink?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BygUjLY_1FY

Did you ever see the one of Danny at the Playboy mansion?  Utterly ridiculous.  Girls just aren't impressed by stuff like this.  Wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment