About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

La Vuelta

Chris Horner rode himself into the red jersey for the second time in this Vuelta.  Now he has a 43 second lead on Nibali and a handful more back to Roche, Valverde, and Rodriguez.  All five GC riders are within about a minute and 4 seconds of one another with a time trial coming up on Wednesday.  Valverde said that the only thing decided right now is who the contenders are and that now the fighting for the overall can begin.  I'm not sure what happended to my man Roman Kreuziger but he basically fell off the planet in yesterday's stage.  He may be cooked from the Tour or he might have crashed or who knows but I think maybe he should just rest for the Worlds.  

I haven't been able to watch La Vuelta because I haven't downloaded what I need to view it and I really haven't had time anyway.  I got a frame finished up and need to clean up the welds today and I also just finished painting a frame.  I'll try to get some photos up shortly.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment