About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

More Eurobike Pics

Helmets, helmets, and more helmets.  "Gee Dimitri, for someone who doesn't wear a helmet you sure are posting lots of pics of helmets.  Do you have some sort of secret helmet fetish?"  I like this one because if you notice it is constructed to look similar to the old 'hairnet' style leather helmets that they use to wear years ago.

Little safety built into this one.  This is way cooler than that little blinky light on your seatpost although Lavender wouldn't be my first color choice, it would probably be my last choice, right after getting shot in the face.  I bet Dick Cheney's friend wished he would've wore a helmet with a blinking light on it after that hunting trip.

I like the graphics on this helmet but you need to take off the rubber brush.  If you have to have the rubber brush I think it would be way cooler if it went from the very front to the very back.

Helmets make a great pallet for creative minds.




Look used to be my favorite brand of bicycle but lately they've been incorporating curved tubes into some of their frames and I'm not a fan of that.  This bike doesn't do much for me because they had frames that looked like this 20 years ago.  Actually I think this bike may be 20 years old, I don't even know why I bothered posting this.  They need to pull that wheel in a little bit.  I've seen airplane racers fly through smaller gaps.

This frame is very frame-builderish.

This is the next frame on my 'to-do' list.  A plain ol' ordinary bicycle with a steel lightning bolt brazed into the front triangle.  Come on Euro frame builders, you're losing us.  Check out the guy on the right with the long black coat, shorts, sneakers, and of all things he's wearing Lance Armstrong style socks.  What a dick, both him and Armstrong.  Whoops, my bad.  After looking a little closer this guy is not wearing a long black coat like i thought, so he is not a dick.  He actually has some nice calves.  But Armstrong is still a dick.

This is nice.  Very similar to the White Brother's Rock Solid Rigid fork.


Sorry about this post.  I couldn't find much cool stuff after Day 1.  We should get back to Spain and la Vuelta.  Theres always action there.  Its fixing to get good.  Its probably getting good right now.  Vamos!

No comments:

Post a Comment