About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Eurobike 2013 Pics

New Giro helmet. Not sure this was at Interbike, I just took this photo off Velonews a few days ago.  I like the way everyone is revamping the looks of helmets.  Finally.

I've been out of mountain bikes for quite a while now and while they don't seem to interest me much anymore I still like this.  I don't know what happened to me but this is the kind of thing that used to get my engine revving.  I love the downhill capabilities of mountain bikes but I don't care to pedal them anymore.  Motocross was my true passion before road bikes.  I miss being young sometimes, or at least having a young body capable of soaking up brutality.  This mountain bike looks like it would soak up everything for you except soil samples.

Someone has been playing with carbon.  This bike has 3" of suspension front and rear just in the tires.  Not bad.

This looks very sweet, very expensive, and very breakable.


Not quite sure what this is but its fillet-brazed and has carbon therefore it is cool.

Those Europeans think of everything.  This kind of thing still does get my motor revving.

I just want to smash this up and set it on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment