About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Anthony Moat's Custom Cross Frame

Here are a couple of pics of Anthony's frame cut and in place waiting on a little tack.  Most all this work has been done for a while however I had to do an emergency paint job for Jonathan Ruiz,a friend/customer, in order to get him back on the road race scene.  Anyway, Anthony has been super-patient and I'm not gonna touch another frame until this one is finished up for him.  Anthony had one of my earlier frames that was displayed in a Poppa Wheelies Bike Shop in Russelville, Arkansas.  Its a very nice frame but it was just a bit too large for Anthony and after contemplating making some changes to it we just worked out a custom deal and I'm gonna build him one made especially for him.  Its a cross between a cross frame and a gravel road racer, basically a cross frame with straight stays.  Hopefully I'll be getting the torch out here in a couple of hours and tacking this thing together and then I can finish it up and get ready to paint again. Thanks for checking things out.  









This is Anthony hard at play.  This was a race here last fall in I believe Little Rock.  I think they may have a gotten a few unexpected inches of rain.  

Thanks for all the patience Anthony.


No comments:

Post a Comment