About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Giro de Italia Stage 8 Time Trial

Today marks the end of the first week of the Giro de Italia and its already been pretty exciting.  Most all of the GC contenders are together and this individual tt could separate things a bit and make for a little more aggressive race in the coming days.  Hesjedal, Nibali, and Cadel Evans are all sitting pretty well right now I believe and Brad Wiggins slid out yesterday and lost about a minute in a pretty hot finish.  Today's time trial is a 54.8 kilometer from Gabicce-Mare Saltara.  I'm sure everyone is like me and knows right where that is.  Its approximately somewhere in Italy.

I imagine all the smart money would be on Bradley Wiggins to win today's race since he is such a good time trialist and also that he has to make up some time, however don't forget about Cadel.  He can lay down some fast times and I've never seen him show up to a race for anything other than winning.  He's smart, seasoned, and probably one of the best bicycle racers of our time even though there isn't much talk about him.  Simply put, he's badass and you can never count him out.  I'm still thinking Nibali for the overall but for today I think he's just gonna have to limit the losses until the mountains come.  I'm sure it will be a good race.  You can check it out now over on steephill.com.  I have the link posted on the last post and I'll try to get it up here shortly.  Have a good weekend.

Try this:




No comments:

Post a Comment