About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Vanstone's Red Rocker

Here of some shots of RV's road frameset.  His frame arrived promptly yesterday and as soon as Ryan had opened it up and gave me the 'ok' I was ready to show this one off.  This frame is constructed out of True Temper OX Platinum like most of my frames and the  fork is Easton's top of the line.  I have already talked about the stem made from Paragon Machine Works components and you've seen the raw photos but the painted version is even better.  Paul from Ace's Wild Custom laid down the paint in classic style.  Its hard for me to believe, but out of all the frames I have built I had yet to paint a frame red.  I painted a couple that were shades of red like a burgundy and a couple had red logos but nothing had been painted Ferrari red.  I had been wanting to for quite a while and finally I got to do it.  I love it and I can see more red in the future. Ryan hails from the Austin area, which has an unbelievable custom bicycle population, so I am very happy to have one of my frames rolling in their streets and I hope to send more there.  Thanks Ryan.
MEECH Custom Bicycles
Handmade in Mountain Home, Arkansas
meech151@hotmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment