About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

RV's Stem

Here are a couple of quick pics of Ryan's stem before everything goes to paint.  I have made a handful of stems in the past but they were all the old style where you had to remove everything off your bars before you could remove your bars, some people actually want that style of stem for a retro build however on this stem we wanted to be able to use some of the more modern components and we needed a removable faceplate.  Luckily Paragon Machine Works has it all covered.  I have said it before, Paragon makes top-shelf components and they make a builder's job much easier.  This stem is all steel except for the aluminum faceplate and I'm guessing this thing will still be around long after I'm gone.  Check out that custom engraving.  I just couldn't let that big blank canvas go untouched.  Hopefully this thing will be all painted in a couple of weeks but none of you are gonna see it until after Ryan has opened the box and has seen it all for himself.  Its part of the surprise and when the frame is built especially for you, well, you get to make things happen your way.  Stay tuned.  Chao.



No comments:

Post a Comment