About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Jonathan's Road Racer

Got JR's road frame painted and the clear is curing.  This one is a bit unique and a little extra special to me in that Jonathan was the first customer to have me paint their frame for them.  Everyone knows I normally have Paul and Wayne from Ace's Wild Custom do all the painting but here recently I have been practicing.  I've learned a lot in just a short while and I'm truly enjoying learning something new.  Painting a fence is one thing but painting a bike frame is totally different.  I have new respect for all the painters out there and I tip my hat to you all.  This was the fourth frame that I've painted and I couldn't be any happier with how it turned out.  "Is it perfect Meech?"  No Virgina, its not perfect.  However the imperfections are very small and most were easily touched up.  The fork turned out really well.  We were not only able to save the Enve logo but somehow managed to make it look good.  Even the little 2.0 Road logo around the dropouts turned out nice.

Some tight fillet-brazing as usual.  JR wanted some double-barrel adjusters for on the fly adjustments so I did what any builder would do and put 'em there for him.

This little point was where one of the imperfections was.  A little paint got under the tape where the two pieces met but with a little work I was able to make it look a little tighter.

Ok, I've been doing this little seat cap number for a while now so I'm not gonna say anything else about it.

It looks good doesn't it Virgina?  "Yeah but there is a spec of dust or something on it."  Don't worry, it wiped off.

Kinda hard to make out the engraving in the brake bridge.  It would've been really sweet to have the "M" outlined in black, problem is I'm not quite sure how to do it yet, and since the paint job turned out much better than I anticipated I wasn't about to take a chance that could  mess it up.  On down the road I may give it a shot.  You know I'm gonna.

Now thats a tight ass.  "What did you just say?"  Sorry mother, I'm only teasing, I take it back.  No I don't, because thats a really  tight ass.  We put the MEECH logo on the seat tube on a 45 to try something a little different.

Handmade right here in beautiful Mountain Home, Arkansas.  Come visit and I'll take you on a ride.  We'll head out to Push Mountain.  I'll probably be riding the broom wagon back home but I'll hand you guys water bottles and cupcakes all the way back and you can motor pace if you like.  There is some really good training around this area and when you get done with the ride you can jump in the lake.  Arkansas is great.  Love it!

Now thats a tight down tube and I'm not taking that back.

I like it alot and I'm glad to have worked with Jonathan on this build.  Thanks for being the first customer to allow me to paint their frame.  Now go race the paint off of it.  Thanks for checking out my stuff.

MEECH Custom Bicycles
Mountain Home, Arkansas
(870)897-6703
www.meechcustombicycles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment