About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pro Tour Challenge

Here is a photo from the Pro Tour Challenge thats going on in Colorado this week.  If I'm not mistaken this is the dirt climb that leads up to the Cottonwood Pass.  I did this climb a couple of years ago when I did the BTC with a buddy and this is a great climb.  As you can see the road is super-smooth and even though you are climbing it feels like its begging you to go faster so you can get to the end but then the end never seems to come, then comes the eye-watering descent and your just hanging on.  I have only done a handful of passes but this is my second most memorable behind Pico de Veleta. I have a few miles on that one.  I think this is the stage that Big George won.  Go Hincapie.  Oh yeah, I took this photo from the Velonews website, as well as many others over the course of time, so I should say thanks to them, hopefully they don't mind.  How could a racer live without Velonews?  Its actually part of my breakfast every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment