About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MEECH'Cross de Acero y Carbon

With 'cross season inching closer I have been looking at some past builds.  This one was the first time I experimented with any carbon and this frame turned out very nice.  Brad said it rolled very smooth, solid and compliant.  I plan on building an all carbon cross frame just as soon as I finish this carbon road frame.  I know, I know, I've been talking about it for ever.  I just ordered all the vacuum bagging supplies that I will need and I should have a vacuum pump shortly.  Steel frames are what pays the bills right now, so that is what I spend the majority of my time on but I really enjoyed building this frame and would be happy to do more.  Looks like a race machine.  The 29er should be painted today or tomorrow and I'll be posting some pics asap but in the meantime I had to put up some "blast from the past" stuff just because I was tired of looking at Clinger's face.  We'll probably see less and less of it.  Good luck to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment