About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Caesar Di2 Frame

I finally finished up Caesar's frame this week.  Talk about dragging arse.  If I had dragged my arse any more on this thing I would need some skin grafts on my butt cheeks.  Geez.  I truly don't know what happened other than things just kept coming up that had to be addressed.  I'm kinda weird when I'm building frames.  When I'm working on a frame I don't like  having anything else hanging over my head that needs to be done.  I have to finish everything first so that I have clear eyes and can focus on the frame, its just the way I am.  Frame building is fun for me but it all has to be right for me to truly enjoy it because safety is very important.

"Safety, safety, be alert
Cause if a car hits you, 
its gonna hurt."

Remember that one?  But what if you hit the car? It still hurts, trust me. Anyway, like I was saying, if I don't have a clear head then I'm very seldom working on someone's frame.  Sometimes I feel like I'm a little too spread out and I would like to tighten things up, streamline them a bit so that I can focus more on frame building, however it seems like the more I try to do it the more there is to do. I don't know, there's a wild fire and its burning outta control, its not a problem you can stop, its rock 'n' roll, or something like that.  Lets check out some photos of the finished frame.



The colors we chose on this one is clearly black and what appears to be white in these photos, however its actually a cream color called Creme Brulee.  The lighting doesn't seem to show the cream color but its there.  I've actually been wanting to do a paint scheme in colors like these because my friend Bob Davis has an old Scott motorcycle painted in similar colors and it looks super-classy.  I'll try and find a photo of it.  I've actually got a single-speed frame hanging up that I'm gonna paint in similar fashion only I may add some red highlights, bands or something.  I like the scheme that Caesar chose, it keeps it interesting for me to change things up, and try new stuff.

How's this for a 'bad motor-scooter'?  The colors are almost identical however you can't  really see the cream color in either photo.Guess it has to be live.  Does anyone know where I can get some pants like Sammy Hagar is wearing in this video? Just what we needed in the 70's, another Robert Plant look-a-like. This song never did much for me however I just wanted it to get stuck in your head like it did mine.




I always like the way these decals reflect off of black paint.

Handmade carbonification in all its glory, and bullet-proof. 




Who doesn't love a tight rear end?


I really like the new brake bridges.


Thanks for stopping by.

MEECH Custom Bicycles
handmade in 
Mountain Home, Arkansas


No comments:

Post a Comment