About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Sir Bradley Wiggins Takes California

Bradley Wiggins cruised in the Tour of California this past week.  I watched 4 or 5 stages on the tele and he didn't appear to even break a sweat.  The field looked like it lacked competition to me but maybe he just made it appear that way.  Oh well, he set a goal, trained for it, and achieved it.  You gotta respect that.  The last few years I've hardly been able to watch a time trial, but I enjoyed watching him and Taylor Phinney in this race.  

Stumbled onto this photo of Brad while looking through some other stuff.  Wiggins has personality.  I never paid much attention to him until I realized how well he handles the media.  I love anyone who can spin the table on stupid questions.  Return to sender!  He looks the front man of a punk rock band here.  Check this next photo out.

What a body!  If it wasn't for his legs I would guess that he was a heroin addict.  Check that vein out on the left leg.  Geez, that thing is begging for a needle.  I think he rides clean, but then how would I know. Hey, he's a badass professional cyclist, who's won some big races, has Olympic gold, owns a yellow jersey, and he's been knighted by the queen.  Yes Sir takes on a whole new meaning.  I hope he gets to ride in the Tour this year. Adieu.



No comments:

Post a Comment