About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Friday, May 30, 2014

Final Stages of Giro de Italia

The Tour of Italy is down to the last two significant stages that will show who the winner of the pink jersey is.  Its been going on for nearly three weeks now but it seems like it just started.  Try telling that to the racers of the Giro.  Today is a crazy long, mountain time-trial that you'd think would decide the overall, but after reading this little clip out of velonews this morning about the final climb on stage 20, you'll realize it won't be over until this stage is finished.  I haven't posted anything about the Giro but I've been paying attention to it a little, checking the results after each important stage.  Anyway, imagine having to do a 2ok mountain time-trial, that only has 7 km of flat, that could give you the biggest win of your life, and then waking up the next day to be faced with this:
Ehh, big deal, doesn't look all that bad. 
This is probably trick photography, you know, tilting the camera to make it look steeper than it really is.

This guy is walking on a flat road as far as I'm concerned, and it could use a little resurfacing in my opinion.



From Ovaro, the Zoncolan would be a punch in the face any day, let alone at the tail end of a cold, demanding grand tour like this. Relative to, say, Mont Ventoux, it’s short. But think of it like grain alcohol compared to a glass of wine. It’s 10.1 kilometers long at a 12 percent average, with a maximum pitch of 22 percent. If that sounds bad, consider this: the road disappears into the forest and gains 3,000 feet in 6 kilometers. The final 3.5 kilometers tilt toward the sun at 14 percent, roughly, with ramps of 23 percent.
Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/05/news/guns-blazing-two-shots-win-giro_330021#BGKSA3GskOdoIiFS.99


If this was waiting for you at the top, do you think you could push it just a little harder?
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment