About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Gravel Road Racer For Sale

Hey, if anyone is interested I have one last frame from this year that I'm looking to sell. I've posted pics of it a couple of months ago after I finished painting it.  Its a road frameset built to accommodate larger tires and longer pull brake calipers, medium reach calipers will work perfect.  This frame was kinda built around a pair of Pauls Racer Medium brake calipers.  Anyway, 28-30c tires are no problem and I've actually fit some Vittoria randonneur 32c tires between the stays also.  They were pretty snug but worked just fine.  This frame has internal brake cable routing that runs through the top tube and out the back of the seat tube.  It also has an integrated seatpost design.  The seatpost comes with it and I can have it machined to fit your exact saddle height.  I left it long so I have plenty of room to work with it.  The colors are Toxic Orange, a.k.a. Mango Tango and white.  The size is a 55/56 cm frame and the specs are as follow:

Head Tube Length               160mm
Head Tube Angle              73 degrees
Seat Tube Angle            73 degrees
Top Tube           55cm (actual  c-c)   56cm (effective c-c)  
Seat Tube 53cm (actual c-c)   55cm (effective c-c)
Bottom Bracket Drop is either 65 mm or 70 mm
Seat Post is 27.2 mm
Steerer   1 1/8" steel fork









Right now as is the measurement from the center of the bottom bracket to the seat rails is 
75 cm.  That is probably gonna put your seat height around 80 cm depending on the type saddle you run so I imagine it will have to be cut down for anyone who rides this size frame.  You can send me the measurement and I can have it machined down to fit or if you know a good machinist to do it for you thats another option.

Carbon chainstay protector.  Real carbon, handmade to fit these beefy chainstays.

Exit door for the rear brake housing.


Handmade right here in beautiful Mountain Home, Arkansas.  Come ride with me.

The bike will fly.

Thanks for checking it out.  If you have any questions you can give me a shout.  

(897-6703)

I'm asking $1250 for it but you guys know I love to give some good deals so don't be afraid to let me know your budget.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment