About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

More MOTO-Swank

Here are some pics of the first MOTO-BICI paint scheme we've been working on.  Its really really close to what I wanted but we're gonna make a couple of small changes on the next attempt.  The bands around the chain stay and fork legs were meant to be much larger and to have a little angle on them for a little added flare, and the "handmade machine" logo is going to be on the other seat stay but for the most part I'm happy with the way this one turned out. Its the first one and will always be unique. This frame here is all True Temper steel front to rear.  Its a mix of OX Platinum and Gold with their s-bend cyclocross stays.  My actual plan for MOTO-BICI is to incorporate some carbon tubing into the builds and they'll all come with carbon forks unless someone wants that "all-steel feel" but M-B is gonna be bikes that are made to go off road, mainly cyclocross racers but we'll paint MOTO-BICI on 29ers all day long.  Check out that handmade carbon fiber chain stay protector, no stickers here.  These will be a standard on all MOTO-BICI frames.  And I'm also working on what will be called the MOTOreo but thats top secret and in the future, you'll definitely want one on your cross bike when they are available.  I don't have the head badges made yet so I just used one of the MEECH Pegasus badges, after all, they are all made by me.  MOTO-BICI is gonna be bike frames built the way I want to build them with my paint scheme but custom fit to you however you like.  I will always be building handmade custom frames with paint schemes the way you want desire but with M-B  I can pursue building racing frames and experiment with carbon frame building techniques as well.  My original idea behind MEECH Custom Bicycles was to build only 'cross machines with a blend of carbon and steel.  I always liked riding carbon frames with lugs.  My favorite brand before I started building frames was LOOK, carbon tubes with aluminum lugs, like the KG171, 281,381, etc. Those bikes just always rode so smooth to me.  I always wanted to ride the LOOK 595 but I started building frames before I got one and once you start building your own, well, you ride your own.   Now of course the lugs are made of carbon as well, no difference,  I just always felt like a lugged carbon frame would ride better than a monocoque frame.  Thats only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.  I haven't ridden a carbon frame in almost 4 years now and thats why I am pursuing it now.  Trying to shave a little extra weight off to compete with these ultra-light machines they're making now.  Honestly I don't think anything will ever ride quite as good as an all steel frameset but everybody is trying to build a bike that does so I might as well play along to, after all, its only educational. If everything goes well the first MOTO-BICI MEECHcrosser will be done early after the new year but your guess is as good as mine. The customer always comes first.  I'm just one man building bike frames by hand one, and it seems like with every frame I build I come up with another idea.  I just love making something for people  that has a positive image and the fact that its healthy and rideable/raceable makes it just that much more enjoyable.  I almost forgot to say thanks to Paul and Wayne from Ace's Wild Custom for the swanky paint job.  Did a killer job. Thanks guys!
Ride On!
MOTO-BICI
Vaya con MOTO


MEECH Custom Bicycles
Mountain Home, Arkansas
(870)897-6703






No comments:

Post a Comment