About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How is this for some sweet carbon fiber layup?

My blogging has slowed a little here lately but thats not because nothing is going on, in fact, the problem is I'm working on different projects and not taking the time for photos and details.  I was playing around with some carbon layup this weekend on my half-finished frame and finally got the top tube/seat stay juncture wrapped.  It doesn't look too bad but it doesn't exactly look like these parts here. I would love to just cruise on the streets in this thing about 200 mph. Just leave the wings off and it would be like a bullet-car.  Talk about population control. There's an idea for China.  They are already  at the forefront of composite engineering, and they need to slow down the population growth, its an up and up situation, no? Maybe its more of an up and down situation.  The demand for firemen is gonna increase dramatically, it will help the economy, the Bullet-Car is a brilliant idea.  I'm gonna go to work on it. Lets see, I need a bigger shop, more money, and a way to slow down time in order to get everything done.  Man, I wish Santa would hurry up and get to the mall, I need to talk to him bad. To get everything I'm wanting Jesus will need to be there too.  Last year there were two Jesus' sitting out in front of the mall.  One of 'em needed a shower really bad.  I told him walking on water was cool an all but that on occasion he should try getting down in it. Turns out, he can't swim, go figure. The other one still owes me twenty bucks. I'm only kidding.  One day the real Jesus is gonna get sick of my jokes and plant me horizontally with a busted lip.  Got photos from Phil Passantino's 650B tourer on the way, first MOTO-BICI paint job is coming soon, and I'll try to get some photos up from the carbon fiber mess I am making.  See you soon.  Oh yeah, here's a little poem I wrote in Creative Writing a long time ago:

Feed me speed
Crash and bleed
Jesus can heal
If you can believe

The professor didn't care for it but I thought it was brilliant.  That guy was such a hater.  Chao amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment