About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rich's Toxic Orange Road Racer, Its Plum Crazy

Just got Rich's road frame back from the booth.  These were two colors that I never would've thought of putting together yet after seeing it I was pleasantly surprised. Toxic Orange and Plum Crazy are the chosen colors while Paul and Wayne from Ace's Wild Custom are the ones who laid them down.  Nice job guys.  They always make me look good. This is basically a size 62cm frame that has been tightened up a little with a sloping top tube.  There appears to be a lot of steel here yet it tips the scales at only a little over 4 lbs.  Not bad Virginia.  That Pear to Penta down tube is a pretty beefy stick and the styling is excellent, "fancy music" as I like to say. I love the looks of a straight blade fork and with a 1 1/8" steel steerer this thing is corner like its on rails. The old stem and bar is just to hold the fork in place for photos, Rich has his own build kit to dial it in to his liking and I can't wait to see it all finished. After talking with Rich these past few weeks i have learned that he apparently has quite an arsenal of bicycles in his shop. Bishops, Cannondales, Howards, and Serottas are just a few of the bikes in his collection and I'm glad that he made room in the stable for a MEECH.  Thanks Rich and enjoy the ride!

MEECH Custom Bicycles
Handmade in Mountain Home, Arkansas







No comments:

Post a Comment