About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Passantino's 650B Touring Frame

Here are a couple of shots from the beginning stages of Phil's 650B touring frame.  Phil was one of my earliest customers when I started MEECH and its a pleasure to be working with him again on another build.  Not much going on in these photos that is any different from any of my other builds, the usual water-tight miters and a few tacks to check the alignment.  I have posted many photos like this in the past but i continue to do so for the customer.  Many enjoy seeing their actual frame being built and the care and craftsmanship that goes into it.  I enjoy doing it for them and since they can't be here during the actual build this is the next best thing.  Nice tight miters and clean brazing surfaces are the foundation for any good frame.  If your builder takes the time to do these things then you know that more than likely he's putting 100% into the rest of it.  These seat stays are something new for me.  Normally I use 'fastback-style' seat stays but Phil wanted to have them brazed onto the sides, looks a bit more vintage.  The only other time I have done this was on my very first frame that I built at the Yamaguchi frame school and we used pre-made plugs on it, however I don't really like those that much so I just did a little extra fab work and these should work great.  Its time to get back to work on it so I guess I'm outta here.  It's colder and raining here this morning so I'm stalling a bit with an extra cup of coffee.  Ok, lets do it.  Later.



No comments:

Post a Comment