About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Wurster's Stem

Just finished a little stem build for Mike Wurster, a buddy of mine I met through a frame build a couple of years ago, and thought I'd show a few pics of it.  Sometimes finding enough stuff to blog about can be difficult so I use what I can.  Talking about a stem build is probably pretty boring stuff but actually building a stem isn't that bad.  I enjoy doing it and they look pretty nice.  I get these components through Paragon Machine Works, top-shelf stuff. 



A little custom engraving by Mark from Mainline Awards here in Mountain Home and I'll be putting some paint on it in a day or two.

This stem should be around long after I'm gone, although I'm hoping to be around another 40-50 years.  You're looking at this stem a little differently now aren't you.  Yeahhhhhh, that's what I thought.  Check back to see it after I dip it in chocolate.  Man, I ate a whole bucket of chocolate ice cream in two nights.  Don't even ask me about the Double Stuff Oreos I made disappear.  I'm just thankful that I'm not addicted to anything illegal, not that one addiction is any better than another.  I should leave now.  chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment