About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Carbone-ification

I am way behind on my first carbon frame project. If things had gone as planned I would've already ridden it and given you the lowdown, but I have been busy building frames for customers and various other projects that take precedence over my own personal desires. The riders/racers of MEECH Bicycles are my number 1 priority right after my family so I have to take care of you guys first,  but when I get up to par on those things then its time to play a little.  I'm not quite there but I'm getting closer.  I just received a batch of "carbonified tubes" from Enve Composites and hopefully a rideable bicycle frame will come out of this pile.  I'll post the progress as I make progress, if I make progress, or at the least I'll post the mess I make.  I'm gonna take my time because these things are just too nice to be wasting.  I've included a mug shot of Pinky the super-hound.  I talked Anne into giving him a mohawk the other day, now he looks like the butt-head that he can be.  When Anne and I first started dating I didn't care much for ol' Pink, and he tried to kill me on several occasions, but over the years we've become a solid team. Jeez, you can't believe how freakin' loud his voice is. The greatest thing about little dogs is that the messes they make are much smaller.  Ever clean up a pile of puke from a dog that weighs 100+ lbs.?  It takes almost a whole roll of paper towels, sometimes it takes 2 rolls if their vomit makes you vomit while you're cleaning it up.  I'm drifting now into gross territory.  Lets get back to the carbon.  There, much better. I was getting nauseous.

1 comment: