About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Training Balboa-Style

If you have yourself a nice steel fillet-brazed frameset thats a good start, but how many of you have a custom fillet-brazed pull-up bar?  I told yall a while back that I was training Rocky-style.  I have been wanting a pull-up bar for quite a while now.  Years ago when I actually went to a gym I would do lots of pull-ups and I thought by starting again might help my back a bit.  Well, turns out I've lost a little of that pull-up steam I had 12-14 yrs. ago.  I used to knock out 4-5 sets of 10-15, now its like 3 sets of almost 3 1/2.  Geez, I knew I wasn't in race shape but I had no idea it was this bad.  I'm not in as bad as shape as that tree though.  I missed the mark a couple of times trying to get the height of my bar right.  I don't like for my feet to touch the ground when I do pull-ups, and I hate those things you put over the door frame.  Anyway, now its almost too high, hence the bricks on the ground, but my feet don't touch.  This project should've taken roughly an hour or so at best but I think I spent the better part of a Sunday on it.  I forgot to mention the other tree I was butchering in front of this one.  Turns out it was over the property line.  Sorry neighbor, but that tree was dying already. He's lucky I don't send him a bill for building him a birdhouse.  Pardon me while I finish my workout.  Gotta go punch some chickens and chase some big slabs of meat around.

No comments:

Post a Comment