About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Big Jim's Frame

Here are a couple of photos from the early stages of Jim's frame.  At 61cm its one of the larger frames that I have built.  Jim is a pretty fair-sized guy at 6'4 and 225 lbs. so I am putting a little meat on this frame while at the same time trying to keep it light.  This frame has a mix of tubes, from True Temper OX Platinum on the main triangle to Columbus Life chain stays. I love the beefy look of these stays and I have been wanting to use them on a frame for a while now and this was the perfect opportunity.  The down tube is a multi-shaped 8/5/8 double-butted tube from Nova called Pear to Penta.  It reminds me of the S3 bi-oval tube with a little more meat on it and without the rider weight limit.  I love the way it looks and will probably use it some more in the near future.  It would make a sweet down tube on a custom 29er.  We are going with a 1 1/8" steel fork on this frame so this thing is gonna scream muscle on the road and should hold a line like its on rails.  Jim is headed to the Tour of the Rockies this summer so this frame will get it proper style which is the way I hope all my frames get it.  Everything is all tacked up and I will be brazing it up tomorrow.  Check back for the finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment