About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

S3 Superlight- Se llama "El Chava"




This is Smokey the cat in the shop with the new S3 Superlight road frame I am finishing up. My wife is always wanting me to include the animals in the blog so hopefully she will see this. This is the first frame that I have used all S3 tubing on and I may keep this for myself since I don't have a road bike right now and I am curious as to how this stuff rides. The frame as is now is 3 lbs. exactly, but it still needs a couple of braze-ons. When the bike is finished hopefully its gonna be lighter than ol' Smoke by a couple of pounds. Actually there is a weight limit on the S3 frameset and Smoke exceeds the limit, he has no use for a road bike anyway because he is strictly a cyclocross cat. Stay outta the road Smokus! This frame is dialed in like one of my cheesecakes, the wheel is perfectly centered and this is what I shoot for on every frame. I am dying to get on a lightweight bicycle. I have been riding a 20 lb. cross bike for about 8 months in these Mountain Home hills and I am worn out, ready to do some climbing, thats why I am naming this frame "El Chava" after my favorite racer of all time, Jose Maria Jimenez, man could he climb. Viva "El Chava!" Gonna throw an Edge carbon fork and some Campy-11 on it and depending on the wheels used it should fall into the mid-16s range. As soon as this one is done I am gonna be starting on my first frame with carbon and I can't wait to start on that because I have been planning to do it for so long and just haven't gotten around to it but its coming. Stay tuned for the finished product. Chao.











No comments:

Post a Comment