About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Brad's Bionic Custom CX'er



Here is the upstart of a new cross frame I am building for Brad Berryman. This frame is the first one that I have used carbon on so I am really eager to see how it turns out. We are using a Paul Taylor custom carbon seatstay and this thing is so solid I can't believe it, it would make for a good MEECHcross bike. This frame is special to me because its very similar to the style of frame I saw at a cross race 2 1/2 yrs. ago that made me decide to start building frames. There was this sweet looking Bianchi that had a carbon rear end with an aluminum main triangle laying against a tree and I was checking it out thinking, "Man, all I would have to do is weld a main triangle together and glue in a carbon rear end and "Wallah" I built a bicycle frame." Well, building a bike frame is much harder than that, thats why its taken me over 2 years to get to this one. Anyway, Brad called me up about a frame and basically told me I could "wing-it" so here we go. Along with that fat, carbon seat stay we are gonna insert some carbon tubes in the top and down tubes, that means build a steel frame then break out the chainsaw and slice it up and glue it back together again with some high-tech stuff, kinda like the Six Million Dollar Man. Its gonna be bionic alright and I am only charging 2 million dollars for it, what a steal. MEECH, always giving you more for your money. Stay tuned for this one because Brad said when its finished he is gonna jump a school bus on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment