About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cutting Teeth


I was looking at my old Photobucket album, which is all I had at the time to show my frames,
and was checking out the first few frames that I built and thought I would post them. Included in these photos are the very first frame I built at the Yamaguchi Frame School (the gold one which I am riding right now), the very first cross bike I built by myself ( the white one that Larry abuses on a regular basis), and a couple of others. Larry didn't even know what cyclocross was in this photo. He said, "What do I want with an old 10-speed with skinny mountain bike tires?" Now he has a couple of state championships on it and is training for the World Cyclocross Championships when it comes to Kentucky in a couple of years. I want to have as many MEECHs there as I can have, so start training cause its gonna be the world's biggest pain party. Gonna be drinking fruit punch flavored gasoline and slappin tigers for that one. All these frames are still rollin, eating up the miles on a daily basis and thats the greatest compliment I can have. Stick around, your gonna like the next build. C'ya.












No comments:

Post a Comment