About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Anticipating Spring

Here is a little 54 cm road frame I just finished up. Ace's Wild Custom here in Mountain Home put a sweet cream color finish on the main frame with some white and black bands to set it off. In certain lighting conditions the cream color has a kinda mint green look to it. This is a nice, tight, little frameset. Frame weight is 3.8 lbs and the fork should be about 1.5 after the steerer is cut. The chain stays are 420mm and will accommodate a little wider tire so it should ride plenty smooth but it has 73 degree head and seat tube angles so if you feel like doing a couple of crits or road races on it, let it fly.





No comments:

Post a Comment