About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another Belt-Drive 650B




I had an extra set of these Paragon Sliding Dropouts laying around so i decided to put'em to good use. This is my setup to house the removable stays required for a belt-driven drivetrain. It worked well on the first one so I decided to stick with it. The left stay never needs to be removed but I give it the same treatment for symmetrical aesthetics, or you could just do it so they look the same on both sides. I threw in a photo of a couple of wishbones that I just finished up. I was gonna put the beefy one on the 650 but it was too beefy and you couldn't pull it out enough to get the belt in so I am gonna use some S-bend like on the previous frame. The little wishbone isn't for a bike at all, I use it to find water wells. Living around these lakes makes it way too shakey for a bicycle. The Queen CD is not for sell. With songs like "Bicycle" and "Fat Bottomed Girls" who would sell it?

No comments:

Post a Comment