About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ever Onward


I have been getting in a ride about 5 days a week here lately and while that is a good thing about 4 out of those 5 rides I feel like I am dragging bricks, stuck in 3rd gear. It would be nice if there was a coaching hotline to call in times like these. Yeah I know there are coaches out there with readily available numbers to call but how much is it gonna cost after that first call. Its not worth it to me, I don't race any more and I have probably gone as fast as I am ever gonna go. Its not that I am pessimistic, I just know that if I am not putting in the miles, going to the races, and having ambitions of going faster like I use to how could I get faster, not to mention the added years. Besides, for the last couple of years I have been intrigued with building bicycle frames, I guess so I can get away from the pain and hopefully sell some of it to someone else. No matter how much it hurts I always go back for more, its a love-hate relationship. When you are out training and it just hurts and you think you are sick of it just remember it really is much better to be on the bike suffering than to be stuck at work wishing you were riding, so just keep pushing, get everything out of yourself that you deserve, those good legs are coming. Keep pushing ever onward!

"For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto the mountain, be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." Mark 11:23

Stay tuned, more frames coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment