About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Will It Ever End?

The number of people coming forth in the Armstrong investigation is stacking up.  Its been going on so long that I started ignoring it, sick & tired of hearing about it as it has no real effect on me and my enjoyment of the bicycle.  However, I have always felt that the truth should come out.  I have never really liked Armstrong and I would be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me that wants to see him get busted, thats pathetic on my part I know, but its gone even beyond that.  Now I just view Lance as a human, like the rest of us, clearly a much stronger cyclist though. Drugs or no drugs he is one helluva bike rider.  Since just about everyone from his era has been busted or confessed for using drugs its hard to believe that he didn't.  I was and still am a Jan Ullrich fan and I always hoped he would admit to using drugs so that I could still have some respect for him but I don't think he ever did.  Just admit it.  People will understand, forgive you, and have respect for you again, probably even more so.  My problem with it now is, and I guess my point is mute since the proof is not quite on the table, all the problems Lance is causing for all the people around him.  Teammates, coaches, and friends would have to be lying in order to protect him and his word.  Have you ever had anyone ask you to lie for them?  Nice feeling huh? Though now it seems like it has finally gone so far that no one can take the weight anymore. Actually its the pressure from the feds they can't handle, otherwise they could probably hold onto the lies, they have so far,  and I guess its only fitting that Lance should be the last one standing as it all  comes to a head.  As its already been said, they have wasted a lot of taxpayers money on this stupid case and its really not gonna change anything for us if they find him guilty or innocent, I would just like to see the end of it all.  Lay the truth out on the table and let the healing begin, the new era of cycling with riders who want to win cleanly and honestly, and I should also say that there were probably plenty of guys from the past who did race clean but never got the recognition they deserved because they weren't winning, so my hat is off to those guys for sure.  I used to look up to all the professional cyclists and I still do to some extent but not near as much as I look up to the everyday cyclists who just enjoy riding and racing and having a good time without drinking the junk to win.  All of what I think I know about any of this whole thing is pure speculation as I don't personally know nor have I met anybody that is involved in this, thank goodness.  The only fact that I have about any of this that I can tell you for certain is that this helmet is and always was way too small for Lance's head.  I hope he can accept that. The truth will set us free.

No comments:

Post a Comment