About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Scoot's Ride

Here is Scott Taylor's ride all finished up.  Frank and Sam from The Community Bicyclist in Little Rock did the build-up.  They opened their shop around the same
time I started frame building and were nice enough to let me show some of my work.  A couple years has passed since then and I am sure we have both learned a ton about our chosen field.  Frank and Sam also do some frame building of their own so its always nice to deal with an experienced team. Check out their website and if you are ever in the Little Rock area you should go by and check out some of their work. Look at that Synergy Green paint job. Custom frame, custom stem, and he is even running my favorite saddle, the Avocet O2 Air.  I have a wheel bag with about 8 of those in all different flavors inside.  When I run out of O2s I'm done riding.  Clip in Scoot and let me know how it feels. Thanks for looking.  Chao. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey

    Actually saw this bike on the river trail this afternoon. Very sharp.

    AGR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Just finished it up and was very happy with the way it turned out. Scott noticed a big difference in a ride comparison with his old bike so mission accomplished. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete