About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Belt Driven 650B Mountain Bike



Here is the frame I have been working on for Ian Hope, an Orbea bike shop owner in Little Rock and a local on the Arkansas race scene. The frame is for a 650B mountain bike and contains a belt-driven drive train. This frame looks more like a drag bike than a mountain bike because the wheel in this photo is a 26er and left a big gap between the seat tube. Once a 27.5" wheel with a big, fat knobby tire is dropped in it should be dialed in. I told myself when I started building frames that I was just gonna stick to cyclocross and road frames however this was a challenge that I wanted to take. I didn't even know what a 650B mountain bike was when he asked me about it, nor did I know anything about Carbon Drive Systems so this was an interesting build that I have learned alot from and am glad I built it. I am gonna build another one just as soon as I get caught up with the frames I am working on now. Man, I just wanna take this thing for a spin to see what it feels like. Maybe Ian will let me take his for a spin when he gets it built up, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment