About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bruised bananas


Let the party begin. I love the creative usefulness of this cargo bike by A.N.T. however I would hate to endo on this thing. Can you imagine, when the bike goes vertical and the rear wheel kisses the back of your head, your gonna be 9 feet off the pavement. Your groceries are gonna be all over the street, people are gonna be grabbing your canned goods and running off. I really shouldn't be so pessimistic though, perhaps someone nice will come along and scrape your tattered arse off the sidewalk, put you in the big basket like the sack of potatos you just bought, and ride you to the hospital. Its not exactly an Air Evac but its better than having to ride on the handlebars. This bike makes me think of the time I was sitting on a corner in Greece and a motorcycle with 4 people on it pulled into the Disco Heaven Nightclub, don't even want to think about endoing in that situation. This bike really is a unique build, check out the steering, maybe add some fluffy dice to the handlebars and throw some 70's shag down on that dance floor, add a dancing pole for the ladies, now your rollin.

No comments:

Post a Comment