About Me

My photo
Back in my hometown of Jonesboro., Arkansas, United States
My name is Dimitri Harris and I have been building frames for over 9 years now. I learned the basics after spending two weeks with Koichi Yamaguchi. He is one of the most interesting people I have ever met and I am thankful to have worked with him. Since then I have just been building one frame after another and learning as much as possible along the way. I build steel fillet-brazed frames that go by the name of MEECH, which is an old nickname that I have had since I was a kid. I build mostly cyclocross frames because I love their versatility however I also do road,single-speed, and mountain bikes as well. Custom frames start around $1400. All the frames are handmade by me here in Jonesboro, Arkansas. I am insured and guarantee all of my work so if you are in the market for a custom steel frame I would be glad to build it for you. I am also building frames from carbon fiber so if you would like to ride a prototype frame give me a shout. Thanks for stopping by. You can email me at meech151@hotmail.com or call (870)897-6703 or visit www.meechcustombicycles.com Thanks.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Eddy Merckx crossing it up

Here is a pic that Steve Erickson forwarded to me of Eddy Merckx doing the cyclocross thing. I first saw this on the Arkansas Super Prestige facebook  page a couple of days ago, not sure if Erickson is a part of that or not but it seems like a cool gang to hang out with.  Looks like they're  a bunch of hardcore crossheads from around the state.  I love this photo because I never knew that Merckx was a cross racer.  After seeing this I started trying to find info on him racing cyclocross and didn't have much luck.  This is one of the cooler photos I've seen of Mr. Merckx.  This would hang nicely on any cyclist' wall, preferably mine here at the MEECH headquarters.

Stumbled onto this one as well.  Tell me thats not some prime real estate to be rolling on in the big ring.  Going so fast he lost his cap.  Ed has some nice hair. There are and have been so many great cyclist in the world, but if you whittled it all down I guess this is the man who would be left standing.  Hats off to ol' Eddy Merckx.  I'd like to hang out at his frame building facility for a few days, perhaps weeks.  Months? Years?  I'd come back a lean mean frame building machine.  "Hey Ed, r yall hiring?"  My Arkansas accent might get me the job. I'm working on a new paint job.  It turned out pretty nice and I was kinda stoked about it but it had a couple little imperfections and so with the advice of the guys at the paint store I tried to fix it and it all blew up on me.  I learned a valuable lesson the hard way.  DO-over!  I'll get it.  Check back.  chao amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment